Welcome to the Summer 2014 Newsletter of the Interfaith Health Program! We are delighted to share some of our recent activities with you. IHP continues to diversify and grow with the support of extraordinary partners and collaborators both domestically and internationally. It is exciting and humbling to be part of this growing field of research, scholarship, and programming at the intersection of public health, faith, and development. We continue to be challenged and inspired by the colleagues, practitioners, and students who work tirelessly to find creative and innovative approaches to improving the health of individuals and communities around the world.
Some of the highlights of this newsletter are:
- Faith, Health Collaboration and Leadership Development Program
- Public Health and Faith Community Partnerships: Model Practices to Increase Influenza Prevention Among Hard-to-Reach Populations
- Valuing Every Human Life: How Faith-based Organizations Can Support Key Populations with HIV Prevention, Treatment and Support Services
- Essential Partners: The Scope of Contributions of Faith-based Health Systems to HIV Prevention, Treatment, and Support in Kenya
- Faith-based HIV/AIDS Resources
- Faith-based and Public Health Partners: Strengthening Community Networks Meeting
- Emory Students in Kenya Field Placements
We welcome any information on publications, events, research, or ideas for articles that you’d like to see included in our upcoming edition. Please contact us to submit your ideas for publication. Thank you!